About us – coastshop
The travelworldnow.com website is brought to you by coastshop. We have been providing travel information and advice for all parts of the world for over 10 years. We started with travel information for Australia (coastshop.com.au), then travel information for new zealand (coastshop.co.nz), then the world ! (coastshop.net)
I hope you enjoy reading our website / blog and at the same time, get some useful advice on how to travel safely wherever you go in the world.
Please note, we are a ‘travel aggregator’ blogger (“Aggregator refers to a web site or computer software that aggregates a specific type of information from multiple online sources” -source wikipedia). We are not an ‘experiences’ blogger who details their travel exploits in a blog. Our aim is to collect information from various sources and then deliver an information service to the would-be traveller so that you can make some ‘informed decisions’ before you travel – “providing safe travel advice to the traveller” is our aim in a nut shell.
Why did we choose ‘coastshop’ for our name…originally we provided travel information for all coastal areas of Australia and the ‘shop’ in our name means ‘shopping’ for the best travel information and travel deals.
The aim of this website is to give you information to help you travel safely. As we all know, many countries are not safe for visitors. This may be a short term safety issue or it may be an issue that has impacted on travellers for many years.
Country guides note
The brief background information for each country is provided by the CIA website (https://www.cia.gov). The information is an extract from The World Factbook - “The Factbook is in the public domain and may be used freely by anyone at anytime without seeking permission”. (source – CIA website)
For most countries, additional information and links include:
* Travel advice – safety alerts warning of possible dangers to a country’s visitors
* Where to stay – view and book your accommodation in a country / city
* Things to do – view and book your sightseeing activities and adventure activities for a country
* Airports – details of a country’s airports
* Health information – details of a country’s health warnings
* Weather – next 2 weeks weather forecast
* Public holidays – view public holidays for a country. Useful if you want to plan your trip around a public holiday in a country